Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Inky's - Inside a Dog

Everything you need to know about The Inky's


The inky's are Australia's only teenage choice book award.






There are two inky's awarded every year:
The Golden Inky goes to the #1 Australian YA title of the year.
The Silver Inky goes to the #1 International title of the year.




Previous winners:
2009
Golden Inky: Randa Abdel-Fattah - Where the Streets Had A Name
Silver Inky: The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins


2008
Golden Inky: James Roy (teen author) - Town
Silver Inky: Before I Die - Jenny Downham


2007 
Golden Inky: Simmone Howell - Notes From the Teenage Underground
Silver Inky: Looking For Alaska - John Green


The long list for 2010 has just been announced @ The Melbourne Writer's Festival :)
The Gold Inky (for an Australian book)


My faves (for the short list) are: The Piper's Son, Loving Richard Feynman, Stolen, Swerve and Raw Blue (haven't read Merrow yet...).
My absolute fave for the winner is RAW BLUE by Kirsty Eagar (I was so pumped to see Raw Blue on there - yay!)

The Silver Inky (for an international book)

Me? I've only read half this list and I'm going for The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson :)

The long list of ten Aussie YA title's and ten international YA titles are whittled down to a short-list of  5 Aussie and 5 international (through a panel of judges which include authors and teen readers).

On October 12 voting will open and teens (between 12 & 20) all over Australia can vote for their fave Aussie and fave international from the short-list.

Which books would you pick off the list to go through for voting?
Or who would you choose to take out the Golden and Silver 2010 inkys?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting on my blog! I can't wait to read your top 100 YA list! And a movie is coming out for Tomorrow when the War Began? Awesome!!

    Your posts are absolutely wonderful! And can I just say here how wonderful an artist you are? The cartoons are detailed, happy and perfect!
    Wow...I think that anything you create will be wonderful!

    I haven't read most of the books on the list. I've heard about them, though, and I'd love to read them.

    Anyway, I hope your have a wonderful week, and best of luck with your WIP.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few from the Silver list, but not the Gold. Right now I am so behind in my TBR list that I feel like I am drowning. I will be anxious to see if your picks are winners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read any of the books from the Gold list. I'm still waiting for my copy of Stolen to arrive, though...

    With the Gold list, I'm going with you..The Sky Is Everywhere :)

    PS. When I read the your post title, I thought it had something to do with your blog name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it had soemthing to do with your name too. :) I think it's great that teens have a book reward thing. I haven't read many on that list - I think I'd pick Shiver. I liked The Sky is Everywhere, but Shiver spoke to me from page 1. The Sky had parts in it where I couldn't understand where the MC was coming from. Even though I liked it a lot by the end, it just wasn't there for me the whole way through. Still haven't read Will Grayson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ thinking it was to do with my blog :) I do like the name the inkys though... hmmm.

    I havent read Will Grayson yet either. Waiting for my library to get it in (eventually, they will. well, that's my theory. him being john green and all)

    I liked Shiver too - havent read Linger yet though - again, waiting - either for my library or for the paperback release.

    Hope Stolen gets to you soon Bee!

    And jan, I know how you feel re: TBR list. Argh, mine is starting to feel out of control and completely squashing me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting! I LOVED The Sky is Everywhere - one of my favs this year. Also, Going Bovine is phenomenal (do you follow Libba Bray's blog? It's wonderful). Can't wait to see who wins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)