Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Inkys - voting is open on the short-lists!

The inky's shortlist was announced today and I am so thrilled with the books that made it through from the longlist (see this post for the 10 Aussie titles and 10 international titles that were longlisted)

The inky's are Australia's only teen voted Young Adult book award. Voting is open from today - yay! Teens get to vote for one Golden Inky (for an Aussie title) and one Silver Inky (international title)

Here's the short-lists:

Golden Inky

  • Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
  • Stolen by Lucy Christopher
  • Swerve by Phillip Gwynne
  • Liar by Justine Larbalestier
  • Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey


Silver Inky

  • The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
  • Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Going Bovine by Libba Bray
  • Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
  • Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld


Go here to vote (open to those between 12 & 20 years old) Voting closes on Nov 19
Anyone who votes goes in the running to win all ten shortlisted books (three prize packs available) which would be brilliant!

So if I could vote I'm absolutely choosing Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar (which just won the Victorian Premier's Literacy Award) and The Sky is Everywhere is my pick for the silver.

Which book would you like to see win?

And, I really love the inkys :) Awesome award - so congrats to everyone who made it through the first round of voting!






5 comments:

  1. I was close to voting for Raw Blue, but since I haven't (shamefully) read any of them, I went with Stolen. I love Lucy Christopher and her books have been on my wishlist for much longer. :P I did, however, vote for Sky. :) Fingers crossed for winning!

    Also, I really like how you formatted your post. :) As you may already know, I'm not posting anything more except for the scheduled reviews. Unfortunately, it includes this one. Unless you want me to copy & paste your post! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two pence lies with Stolen and The Sky Is Everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! I'm too old to vote, but I'm barracking for Stolen and Will Grayson, Will Grayson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too old to vote :(

    That is a fantastic list! My vote would go to either Stolen or Swerve and then either The Sky Is Everywhere or Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how some of us are too old to vote :) makes me feel better.

    and I agree with Stolen and Swerve - both awesome books.

    I haven't read WG,WG yet - waiting for my library to get it in...

    but nice to see everyone loveing The Sky is Everywhere :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)